Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm published (kind of)

I was very excited the other day to get a package on my porch containing two books from the Cambridge University Press. About 6 months ago I got an email about using one of my paintings, "Pool of Water", that the author had seen on the web, for a book cover for their new introduction to the poet Sylvia Plath. Hoping it wasn't a scam, I looked into it, and everything checked out legit. Luckily I had a good slide, as I had sold the painting a while ago, so I traded the slide for a modest check and the result was this little book! I never did learn how they stumbled on to my painting among all the others out there on the web, but I guess you never know what posting your work will bring.

1 comment:

I value your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails