Tuesday, July 7, 2020

I'm back...maybe? It popped in my head that I could post my newsletters to my blog and bring it back from the dead. Lazy? Could be, but let's see if this works...



Seems like a long time since I've sent out a newsletter, but time feels different now, since many of our usual markers have been canceled or postponed.

The status quo has been disturbingly disrupted over the last few months, pulling the rug out from under many - financially, career, and opportunity wise. But disrupting the complacency about systematic racism is long overdue and will hopefully lead to some real changes.

So let's hope we come out of this better to each other, and with a new appreciation for the good interactions we've had to put on pause for these past months.
Although I've heard some artists say that the current uncertainty has given them a sense of inertia with their work, I feel it's time for me to focus on studio time. Although I haven't had the extra free time that some have (for better or worse) I've been working out some new ideas, finishing up paintings, and may have an exciting collaboration coming up involving science and ocean exploration. More about that when I find out how it's going to work.

And, since exhibitions have been cancelled, and galleries are very restricted, it finally gave me the motivation to finish setting up my online gallery . . . 

ANNOUNCING THE LAUNCH OF MY ONLINE STOREFRONT
I will be continuing to add new work, but I've started with my Alaska oil paintings and works on paper. I also have a selection of Alaska note cards, sold individually, and in boxed sets.

I'm happy to ship cards and works on paper, shipping rates on larger oils will depend on location, so please contact me if you are interested. I'm also happy to arrange pick up or delivery!

You can see my store at kathyhodgestore.square.site

The Storefront is still a work in progress, so if you see anything amiss, please let me know. I'm hoping it will become a good resource for those who ask to see available work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails