It's kind of weird how I haven't posted in so long. I just lost my blogging impulse, even wondering if I should drop the whole thing. Then life at my job...well, the less said about that the better. So I look for solace with my imaginary, (and some not so imaginary) friends in blogland.
And since I'm feeling rusty with posting, I'll just post yet another studio upheaval installment.
I was very disturbed recently to discover some of my oil painting adorned with little puffs of mildew, probably due to a very humid summer. This made me rethink my painting rack system. I had built a sturdy two tiered rack in the corner but my inventory had outgrown it.
Because I don't have time to organize a clearance sale, I have to expand my storage, and also build in some space around my work to keep air circulation going.
So I took everything out and came up with this ingenious system using wire shelving for the base and another piece on the wall, making nice slots to accommodate wood dividers. I also offset some wood rails to keep the work from butting right up against the walls.
I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out, the only problem is that I still have more work than will fit in the rack. So I will have to build more racks and probably install a dehumidifier.
I should also purge some of my old work and studies, but I'm not the kind of artist who builds a bonfire and throws their entire oeuvre on it in a fit of pique. Sounds awfully toxic anyway.
This of course is really cutting into my almost non-existent painting time, but with the holidays upon us it's a losing battle anyway. Looking forward to January!