Thursday, October 30, 2008

Openings and tunnels


Peter Goldberg, in conjunction with The Narragansett Bay Commission, is showing photographs of the Combined Sewer Overflow Project (CSO) and is exhibiting with me the first week or so of my show. His opening is on November 12, from 4 to 7 pm. Since my work will be up as well, it's another chance to snag a glass of white wine in a plastic cup while viewing it.

This photo is from my journey down to the center of the earth, but I'm curious to see Peter's photos. I'm fascinated by the CSO project (see my slideshows of The Utility Shaft and The Main Shaft). Alas, the tunnel is now sealed so there is no hope of getting down there again. I am going to try to go to the opening unless I am frantically finishing up details of my show. Peter's work will come down on November 25, at which time I will put up more of my paintings to make it the one person show that I thought it would be from the start.

The gallery is also open on Gallery Night on November 20, so it works out that there will be 4 receptions during my show, November 12, 20, 15 and 29, all from 4 to 7. The opening on the 29th will include the new paintings I've added. Confusing? I'm sure, but after all this work, I'm not going to say no to festivities and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails