Monday, August 11, 2008

Blue


I'm posting what I think is my latest finished painting from the Shoemaker series that I'm going to exhibit in November. I say "I think" because sometimes I decide a painting is finished and then it refuses to settle down and keep nagging from its corner of the studio. Yesterday I went back into a painting that I had considered finished months ago. It's always bugged me though, so it's actually a relief to paint out some sections and rethink them. It already looks better.

It's not every studio session that I dare to make decisions like that. Sometimes I have a whole day in the studio but my brain is not connecting to my work. Or the opposite happens. I'm really focused and connected, but other obligations pull me away from the studio, so I can just open the studio door and stand in front of my painting for a few minutes, car keys in hand...

I don't know what's more frustrating, but I think the former, since I feel like I should be able to just "snap out of it". It would be better on those days just to go for a bike ride or walk but studio days are so rare. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails