Sunday, October 12, 2008

chaos

No, I'm not talking about Wall St., I'm talking about my studio. I like to think I keep it pretty organized, but it always gets like this in the weeks before a show.


In fact, here it is right before my Russia show, the last time that I went all out making frames.


I'll be glad to deliver the paintings to the gallery in about 4 weeks (gulp) and sweep it out.

But once the show is up and the cold weather settles in I'm not sure how often I'll be able to work in this studio. I managed to hang on to my day job, which these days is a good thing, but the bummer part is that they are probably going to change my schedule so I might not get back home to my studio till 6 or 7. Since it takes about 2 hours to warm up the space in the dead of winter, it will mean starting at 8 or 9 at night. I'll do it somehow though...I'm not going to stop doing my work just cause I have to make a little money.

Like a lot of people, I've been obsessed with politics lately. I must check the polls a dozen times a day. I'm liking what I see though, I hope we can keep it going. I'm also glad to see so many art blogs I visit have gotten political and show their support for Obama, so I know I'm not the only artist being distracted by this critical election. The more we are subjected to the dirty campaigning of McCain and Palin, the more I'm convinced that they deserve to lose even more than Obama deserves to win. If like me, you've been appalled by the anger filled McCain/Palin rallies, Edward Winkleman turns the anger back where it belongs.

1 comment:

  1. Like you, totally distracted by the election... actually praying for an Obama win (I just can't TAKE it if McCain/Palin get in). Your studio looks so familiar - I stayed away from mine after I launched my show in July - between the heat and the chaos I just painted outside! Good luck with the grant...

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails