Saturday, June 13, 2009

A painting for Mesa Verde National Park

This morning I finally shipped my painting to Mesa Verde National Park as my donation and thanks for my time as Artist in Residence. It's been over a year since I had a chance to live in the park and explore the cliff dwellings, so it's a bit late, but the ranger in charge of the program, Coella Drenske, was very gracious and patient about it.

This was my second attempt at a full sized oil of the cliff dwellings. I posted the sketch for the first here but ran into trouble with it and it just wasn't interesting enough as a painting to struggle with. Sort of like having an argument about a subject that doesn't interest you. So I decided it would be better just to start fresh, and this is the result. I hope they like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails