Thursday, March 12, 2009

Studying Mesa Verde


I've worked in my "winter studio" (a room in my home with heat) for the last few months on interactive acrylic paintings and drawings from my Mesa Verde residency. I'm very late this time in donating a painting to the park, but the exhibit I had in November left no time for other subjects. I will ship an oil painting off to Colorado before the 1 year deadline is up though, and before I head back out to Colorado and Great Dunes National Park in September.

It's really good though to revisit my impressions from the park, and I'm well along on a painting from the study above, as well as several others. I'm back in my garage studio, working in oils again and thinking about ochre and sage, big skies and the dry, rocky earth...and space....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails