Sunday, September 7, 2008

August report


August was a good month for painting, but my garden is growing wild, and I still haven't been for a bike ride this summer! But it's now only 2 months to my show, so that will take priority. I'm to the point now where I have to write a statement. Is there anything more painful for an artist? Fortunately I discovered this site, The Market-O-Matic (1.0)
[fine arts version]
. I knew there must be an easier way! Here's what the Market-O Matic came up with for me...
Work of Anti-Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction

Kathy Hodge's work investigates the nuances of vibrations through the use of fast motion and close-ups which emphasize the Mechanical nature of digital media. Hodge explores abstract and anxious scenery as motifs to describe the idea of hyper-real space. Using warlike loops, lasers, and slow-motion images as patterns, Hodge creates meditative environments which suggest the expansion of time...

The vortex creates, the chaos permeates. In the synaptic space, art objects are resurrections of the creations of the vortex -- a vortex that uses the chaos as a machine to deconstruct ideas, patterns, and emotions. With the devolution of the electronic environment, the vortex is approaching a point where it will be free from the chaos to realize immersions into the machinations of the delphic space. Work of Anti-Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction contains 10 minimal flash engines (also refered to as "clipper chips") that enable the user to make complex audio/visual compositions.
I'm going to go with it...


And despite my neglect, I did manage to get some beautiful little tomatoes from my pitiful little garden...


1 comment:

  1. Ha ha....loved the Market-o-matic! Finally artist's "statements" are put in a proper context. I always thought that an artist's work was his/her statement..... and , to quote that famed group of artist and philosphers that went by the name of "Talking Heads", ..."say something once...why say it again?" Soldier on Kathy Hodge.

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails