Thursday, April 26, 2012

First Cup of Coffee - PEFO


This is my first cup of coffee in the Petrified Forest National Park. In my hurry to buy groceries and make it to the park before the rangers retired to their housing units I grabbed a bag of Whole Bean Coffee.  As much as I was hoping to find a coffee maker in the little adobe house the park has given me to live in, I could hardly have expected a coffee grinder. So I made like an Anasazi and found a good rock and smashed the hell out of the beans. Because no coffee was not an option. And I know, Anasazi didn't have ziplocs. But they would have loved them.

By the way, check out my Petrified Forest Journal in the tab above, I'm trying desperately to blog every day, but all this tromping over badlands and through deserts is exhausting!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Banging beans on a rock is SO authentic, dude! Yeah, the Anasazi woulda loved ziplocs, but doncha just know how beautiful they woulda made em.
    Love your journal so far. The pics are so awesome. Thanks so much for doing it.

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails