Thursday, October 7, 2010

Discovered artist #1 - Jan Mankes (1889-1920) Netherlands

This is the first of what I hope will be a series of work by artists I have just discovered. I found Jan Mankes courtesy of a great blog called  WEIMAR - Art and Modernity in Central Europe which I suspect will contribute many artists to my series. I recommend you bookmark it! He suggests you visit this website if you want to see more of Jan Mankes work, and who wouldn't? After all, Mankes loves owls, birds, bats and goats and surrealistically beautiful landscape.

2 comments:

  1. His work is sublime! Deceptively simple and beautifully finished. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing - amazing work. Love the barn owl.

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails