Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009


Well, so much for temperatures in the 60's. The new year is starting with fresh snow and freezing temperatures. But it's all good. It's time to plot new explorations and the indoor months of January and February are a good time to do it.

New Year's Day is a wonderful unstructured holiday with time off but no mandatory rituals. So today I had the luxury of time to think about how I'm going to approach fulfilling my Artist in Residence obligation to Mesa Verde. I need to send them a picture, but Mesa Verde is very difficult for me to make my own somehow. The park has such an identity with the people of the cliff dwellings, their architecture and pictorial language. I mean, how can I hope to express myself as well as Pueblo native Verda Toledo does in her fabulous pottery (I was lucky enough to by this from her while I was there).

It's going take some thinking about, that's for sure. And it's good to shift my focus from the shoe machines and stretch my mind in another direction. I may even try to interpret the park through printmaking, and finally book some time in AS220's printmaking studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails