Saturday, July 26, 2008

Greeting from Alpine, Texas

I'm in the library in Alpine, Texas, a great place to check my email. For some reason my cell phone (Virgin Mobile) doesn't work out here, although other people seem able to use theirs.

Southern Pacific railroad runs right through Alpine, one block from our hotel, The Holland. Freight trains 100's of cars long wake us up several times each night, stopping to change crews and blowing their whistles. The vegetation out here is really bizarre, and I've already seen the wild pigs known as Javalinas.

There's no doubt we are near the border of Mexico, which makes the parties we are going to as part of the wedding festivities a lot of fun, good food and music! We're off the the wedding in Fort Davis today, tomorrow we just chill in Alpine, and then on to Big Bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails