Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Rest

I'm trying to finish some paintings that have been on my easel way too long. The above is the latest to get signed, although I still find my brush hovering over it. It's probably because I'm not really sure what direction this kind of work is taking me to. I am hoping that somehow my displaced creatures, entomological, microscope and taxidermy studies, Alaska paintings and yet to be tackled Petrified Forest NP paintings, diorama paintings (and anticipated Grand Canyon paintings) will all come together in a way that will be a sort of breakthrough for me. I feel like I'm due.

The only way to get there is to paint my way through it.

And although I don't know what the heck I'm doing painting wise, I do know a little about the Artist in Residence Program in the US Parks and Forests. I'll be giving a talk and Q&A about the programs as part of the Art League of RI Associate Member's Exhibition. If you've ever thought you might like to apply for one of these incredible opportunities, I'll be happy to answer your questions and give advice on applying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails